The flu vaccine is available in our surgery from late September / early October.
HSE is urging people in at-risk groups to get the flu vaccine.
Flu vaccination is strongly recommended for people:
- 65 years of age and over
- pregnant women
- adults and children over 6 months with long-term condition (for example, diabetes, liver disease, asthma, heart disease, cystic fibrosis, MS)
- cancer patients
- with down syndrome
- working in healthcare/ as carers
- living in a nursing home or other long-term care facility
- persons with a body mass index (BMI) over 40
- in regular contact with pigs or poultry
The vaccine is free of charge for the above patients if they are MC/Doctor Visit Card holders.
For people from at-risk group without MC/Doctor Visit Card, an administration fee of €15 will apply.
A charge of €20 applies to all other patients, including Medical Card holders, who do not fall into the above risk categories.